Etsy link

Sunday 13 October 2013

Matchbox advent calendar

This afternoon I took some pictures of the advent calendar I have made for my fairy godmother.
Unfortunately I don't have pictures along the way, just the finished article.

 
I bought a pack of 100 match boxes from Costco and painted them using Indigoblu acrylic paints.
 
The stamp at the top of the advent calendar is Indigoblu and flaked using their Morris dance gilding flakes. The small snowflake stamp is Crafters companion, from the winters tale collection. I coloured the small flakes with Cosmic shimmer mica powders.
 
The large dangling snowflake was made with a spellbinders die and an odd bit of glitter card stock.
 
The draw handles were made by sticking plastic bicone beads with silicone glue.
 
To add the numbers I will handwrite on each drawer.
 
Its not perfect but I will have great fun finding small bits and bobs to fill it and I am hopeful that my fairy godmother will have great fun counting down to Christmas.
 
 
Til next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment